Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Cheer Captured | Adrienne Alvis

Hello crafty friends! I'm here with a festive layout that I created using one of my favorite holiday photos and some beautiful Shimmerz paints


To begin, I used a piece of white card stock and some Acritonez, which is a self-priming acrylic paint with a matte finish, in "3 Sheets to the Wind" as a base for my design and to help the Vibez and Coloringz colors pop! I used a piece of leftover packaging to create the design that you can see below...


I chose the Coloringz, which are non-shimmering, in "Pretty in Pink" and "Oh Say Can U Sea" because the colors coordinated so well with the patterned paper that I chose for my layout! I also added some Vibez in "Cold As Ice", (which is currently unavailable) because it was the perfect shade of blue and added some shimmer to my page.


As you can see in the photo above, I also added some Texturez shimmering, dimensional paste in Crushed Coral to my design by spreading it over a stencil that matched the design of the patterned paper that I chose to use.


I completed my design by adding a title to my photo and by placing some glittery pops of red around my page. I really love incorporating non-traditional Christmas colors on my holiday layouts!



I hope everyone had a fabulous and festive holiday season! Thank you so much for joining me today!